The Digital Learning department supports students, teachers, staff, and administration in the standards-aligned application and use of educational technology resources in order to promote digital literacy, digital citizenship, and
student achievement in all academic disciplines.
• APS Parent/Guardian Ed Tech Support
• Digital Resources and Remote Learning: Frequently
Asked Questions for Families
OUR COMMITMENT TO STUDENT DATA PRIVACY
The Arlington Public Schools is committed to protecting our students' privacy while also supporting
the innovative use of digital learning resources in teaching and learning.
STUDENT DATA PRIVACY: Resources for Families
• Student Privacy 101 (Video 4:03 minutes)
• A Parent's Guide to Student Data Privacy
APS DIGITAL LEARNING RESOURCES
This APS Digital Learning Resources list includes district-wide subscriptions, free apps, and those that are paid for by specific departments or schools. There are three possible designations for each tool:
- Approved: Contract is signed and app is in use.
- Approved w/ Guardian Release: Guardians signed a contract to allow it to be used in a specific classroom with a specific group of students.
- Not Approved: Vendor was unable to sign the contract and, therefore, teachers are not allowed to use the app with students.
• APS Digital Learning Resources
HOME COMPUTER USE RESOURCES
Keyboarding Without Tears (KWT)
To access your 3rd, 4th, or 5th graders' KWT account, please click this link https://clever.com/in/ArlingtonMA and choose Log in with Google. Students may need to
type in their Spyponders username and password if they haven't logged into Google previously.
The resources below provide helpful information for Parents and Guardians in order to keep
children safe while
• Common Sense Media Resources
Common Sense is the leading independent nonprofit
organization dedicated to helping kids thrive in a world
of media and technology.
• ConnectSafely Web Tips for Parents
Social Web tips for parents from Connect Safely.
• Family Online Safety Institute
The Family Online Safety Institute brings a unique, international perspective
to the potential risks, harms as well
as the rewards of our online lives.
• Net Family News for Parents
The mission is to document developments in the digital technology and
media young people love and use most.
• Stay Safe Online Parental Controls
Parental controls are available on most Internet-enabled devices, like computers,
smartphones, tablets, gaming
systems. When enabling parental controls, use
age-appropriate settings to filter, monitor and block your child's
• Webwise Internet Advice for Parents
Top 10 tips for parents on internet safety.
FORMS AND POLICIES
• APS Responsible Use Policy (RUP), Grades K-12
Translations in process
|| Traducciones en proceso
MAP & DIRECTIONS