** It is important to note that in timeframe references; school timelines are in
school days and timelines for the parent are in calendar days.
- The school must forward a consent form for you to sign in 5 school days of submitting
a request to evaluate.
- Within 45 school days after receipt of parent’s written consent to an initial evaluation
- Credentialed, trained specialists must complete evaluations within 30 school days
from written consent.
- Must convene a Team meeting to review evaluation
- determine eligibility
- and, if required, develop an IEP
- and provide the parents with two copies of the proposed IEP and proposed placement.
See exceptions, 603 CMR 28.06(2)(e)
- Parent has a right to a copy of any evaluation report 48 hours before the IEP meeting,
but the parent must request the report.
- If parents submit an evaluation for consideration, team must reconvene 10 school
days from submission of report.
- The IEP must be provided immediately after the team meeting (3-5 days) if requested
or within 10 school days if you received a copy of the meeting summary notes.
- Parent must sign the IEP within 30 days of receipt noting whether the IEP is accepted,
rejected, or partially rejected with a detailed explanation of any disputed parts.
- IEPs must be reviewed at least annually.
- Progress reports must be sent at least as many times as the district sends regular
education report cards.
- A full re-evaluation must be considered no less than every 3 years unless both parent
and district agree it is not necessary.
- Beginning at age 14, transition planning should occur each year either prior to or
at the annual IEP meeting.