Teaching & Learning: Curriculum - Fine Arts
Performing Arts - Instrumental
INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC-GRADES 9-12
BENCHMARK: By the end of the course, students will:
- understand music notation and be able to read music
- play alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
- make connections between music and other disciplines
- be familiar with various styles, forms and genres of music
- describe and analyze music using appropriate vocabulary
- understand proper audience protocol
- recognize the historical and cultural context of music
- How does the creation of music relate to the human experience?
- How does performing, creating and responding to music provide a means for artistic growth?
- How does learning to read and notate music allow students to see what they hear and hear what they see?
- What is the role of the artist in societies past and present?
Learn more about the Grades 9-12 Instrumental Music curriculum.