Teaching & Learning: Curriculum - Fine Arts
ART - GRADES 6-8
- Methods and Materials - Students will learn to use methods, tools and materials unique to the visual arts
- Elements and Principles - Students will learn to use and understand the vocabulary of and apply the knowledge unique to the visual arts
- Observation, Abstraction and Invention - Students will develop the skills of observation, abstraction (re-interpretation) and invention using diverse art materials
- Creating, Responding and Revising - Students will gain critical and aesthetic understanding in order to create, respond to, and revise works of art
- Historical and Cultural - Students will develop insight into their own growth as artists and audience members
- How does observing and creating art inspire us to "be surprised into taking the time to look?"
- How does creating and responding to art provide a means for artistic growth?
Learn more about the Grades 6-8 Visual Arts curriculum.