Teaching & Learning: Curriculum - Technology Education
Course Descriptions - Grades 6-8
Course Description: Exploratory introduction to modern engineering technology. Through a series of units students will design, construct and evaluate a product i.e.; towers, bridges slides and coasters. Student will gain knowledge of the forces involved in today's society.
- How does technology effect everyday life?
- What are the dynamics of teamwork in solving problems?
- Is all technology advancing for the betterment of mankind?
- Which area of new technology will affect society the most?
- Estimate the number of people that are affected by technology?
- Can using a design process be important in solving problems?
Learn more about the Grade 6 Curriculum.
GRADE 6 - EGG SLIDE
Course Description: Egg Slide. The 6 the grade students will design, build, test, evaluate, and market a vehicle that will transport an egg down an incline plan without breaking.
Learn more about the Grade 6 Egg Slide Curriculum.
GRADE 7 - MANUFACTURING
Course Description: The students will design, build, evaluate, and market (time permitting) a manufactured product to their peers. The activity choice will be a CD Rack or a clock.
- Safe use of tools and machines.
- Develop safe and proper work habits in the manufacturing lab.
- The students will improve their problem solving skills utilizing the engineering/design process.
- Understand custom vs. mass-produced products.
- Understand the different processes that are used to produce a finished product.
Learn more about the Grade 7 Manufacturing Curriculum.
GRADE 7&8 - MODULAR LAB
Course Description: The 7th or 8th students will explore many different areas that include: Communications, Road Transportation, Environmental Management, Laser & fiber Optics, Aerospace, Graphic design, Engineering Structures, Pneumatics, Alternate Energy, Manufacturing & Automation, and Mechanisms.
- How will the content area effect our environment?
- How will the content area impact the future?
- What type of careers are explored in your content area?
- How will the content area impact society?
- How a computer is used to search, modify, and distribute information in a content area?
Learn more about the Grade 7 & 8 Modular Lab Curriculum.