Teaching & Learning: Curriculum - Fine Arts
ART - GRADES K-5
- Methods and Materials - Students will learn to use methods, tools and materials unique to the visual arts.
- Elements and Principles - Students will learn to use and understand the vocabulary of and apply the knowledge unique to the visual arts.
- Observation, Abstraction and Invention - Students will develop the skills of observation, abstraction (re-interpretation) and invention using diverse art materials.
- Artistry, Creating, Responding and Revising - Students will gain critical and aesthetic understanding to create, respond to, and revise works of art.
- Historical and Cultural - Students will develop insight into their own growth as artists and appreciators of the arts.
- How does observing and creating art inspire us to "be surprised into taking the time to look?"
- How does creating and responding to art provide a means for artistic development and growth?
- How does the creation of art relate to human experience?
- What is the role of the artist in societies past and present?
Learn more about the Grades K-5 Visual Arts curriculum.