Arlington School Committee - Community Relations Subcommittee - CHAT - Grades 6-12
- Arlington School Committee - Community Relations Subcommittee - CHAT - Grades 6-12
- 1/10/2023, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- Via Zoom
Please join the Arlington School Committee, Community Relations Subcommittee Chat - Grades 6-12
The Arlington School Committee invites community members, especially families with children in Grades 6-12, to a School Committee Chat on Tuesday, January 10, 2023 from 9:00-10:00 a.m.
Bill Hayner, Chair, Community Relations Subcommittee
Conducted by Remote Participation https://www.mass.gov/doc/order-suspending-certain-provision-of-open-meeting-law/download via Zoom link below:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 891 5092 6606
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,89150926606# US (New York)
+13017158592,,89150926606# US (Washington DC)
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 309 205 3325 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 386 347 5053 US
+1 564 217 2000 US
+1 669 444 9171 US
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 719 359 4580 US
Meeting ID: 891 5092 6606
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbbdU0UhN1
Guidelines for Virtual School Committee Chat - 2022-2023
1. School Committee Chat session will be for approximately 60 minutes.
2. There will be two School Committee members in attendance to listen to and discuss topics with members of the public.
3. A person when welcomed into the School Committee Chat will:
- Have 5 minutes to interact with members
- Identify if they have children in the district and if so, at what level(s)
- Be made aware that other members of the public may be listening too
4. School Committee members are there to listen, and if able, to direct individuals for specific help in resolving issues, but do not speak for the committee or the school department.
5. It is the hope of the entire committee that members of the public will use this vehicle to share with members things that are:
- Going well in the system
- Things that are of concern
- Things that they would like to see continue
- Things they would like to see change
6. Any member of the public is welcome at any School Committee Chat. However, each Chat designates a specific subgroup with the goal of amplifying voices that may not always be heard.
7. Members of the public attending the Chat are reminded that it is not a forum for sharing specific concerns about their own child or specific staff members. A child's teacher or building principal should be the first contact for such issues.